The small, perfect town of Tiburon is where you can enjoy a genuine Bay Area experience. This community is the pride of Marin County and reaches south into the San Francisco Bay. A town that has been thriving for more than 200 years is something worth exploring. Here, you can enjoy their historic sites, beautiful parks, impressive dining options, and most of all, boutique Bay Area shopping. Here, you can also visit world-class wine shops or experience ferry access for more adventure. This guide can help you in discovering what this magical hideaway has to offer.
Where to Eat
In downtown Tiburon, you can enjoy their fresh seafood, farm-to-table cuisine, and most of all, their waterfront views. In downtown Tiburon, you can find several creative, energetic, and chic restaurants. If you are craving homestyle Italian cooking, then you can visit Servino Ristorante Italiano and Don Antonio Trattoria, located on Main Street. For Mexican foods, the best option is Lola’s Taqueria. On the other hand, if you are searching for fresh catch, then you can find them at Sam’s Anchor Café, Luna Blu, and Salt & Pepper.
At Tiburon Tavern, you can enjoy Cali-inspired cuisine. They use locally sourced fresh ingredients in creating their unique menu. You can enjoy their tasty meals in their cozy dining area or in their elegant outdoor patio.
Want to Have Drinks?
Tiburon, which is situated in the south of Napa and Sonoma counties, has some of the greatest wines in the world. Additionally, this town has several charming places where you can get the chance to experience them all. At Tiburon Wine, you can drink, taste, or simply grab a bottle of wine and enjoy it wherever you are. The visitors, as well as the locals, adored proprietor Jerry Horn because of his ability to curate different drinks including local varieties from Napa, Marin, Mendocino, and Sonoma.
Tiburon Wine can be found in the Ark Row Shopping Center. Musette Atelier is the newest wine and art store located on Main Street. This is owned by Shiloh Sophia and Jonathan, a husband-and-wife team. They combine their love of art and wine to produce this innovative experience. Works of art are matched with curated wines and cuisine. By mixing local and global influences, the result is a wine cafe and a museum store. Keep yourself updated with the next editions and next events of Musette Atelier and you will be surprised.
Enjoy Ferry Access
With just a few miles from San Francisco, Tiburon will make it easier for you to travel to the city. All you need is to travel for 30 minutes on the bay. Simply go downtown and then to the Tiburon’s ferry terminal. Get on the Blue and Gold ferry and you can reach Pier 41 in San Francisco.
You can also board the Angel Island Tiburon Ferry and explore Angel Island. This short travel allows you to visit the state park for one day and enjoy sightseeing, hiking, and going on excursions around this historical island. To get more details and information, you can visit the ferry’s websites. Here, you will know the schedules, ticket prices, as well as onboard amenities.
Explore the Shoreline Park
Located east of downtown, along the waterfront is the Shoreline Park. This vast area of grass has benches and walking paths, perfect for enjoying the scenic views of Angel Island or having a picnic with your family and friends. Here, you can also see the Golden Gate Bridge and the amazing San Francisco skyline. You can watch the sailboats traveling through the bay and take pleasure in the vibes of this splendid park before going any further with your adventure.
Walking to the east of Shoreline Park, you will find the Elephant Rock, the Railroad and Ferry Depot Museum, and Lyford’s Stone Tower. By joining a tour at the historic Railroad and Ferry Depot Museum, you will discover the rich maritime and railroad history of Tiburon. Prior to the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge in the 1930s, the main port of the town was Tiburon. Here, trains will unload their cargoes and load them to ferries traveling to San Francisco. Join a free tour and discover the artifacts, boats, trains, buildings, and landscapes of Tiburon between 1900 to 1910. All of these are housed in the 1886 building that was used as the railroad station house way back then.
Enjoy A Shopping Spree
Along the Main Street of Tiburon is where you can find tons of commercial activities. From the boutique shops that are lining the streets to the specialty shops of Ark Row. Here, you can find almost everything, from jewelry, clothing, gourmet candy, and spices. You can shop all of these just along the peculiar Main Street of Tiburon.
Prior to reaching the Tiburon Boulevard, you can stop by the epic fountain sculpture “Coming About”, created by Jennifer Madden and Jeffrey Reed. It consists of five steel panels that are believed to showcase the shark’s dorsal fin. It is important to note that in Spanish, Tiburon actually means “shark.” However, in reality, the design eventually signifies boat sails. It shows how the sails gradually rotate while reflecting the brightness of the sunlight and capturing the wind.
Take A Rest and Relax
After exploring the entire downtown Tiburon, it’s time to get some rest and relax at The Lodge at Tiburon. They offer the best available rates and also offer special discounts. The Lodge at Tiburon is an elegant hotel located in the Bay Area. They are well-known for their rustic charm, cozy rooms, and suites, and most of all, for their ideal location which is only a few steps from the ferry terminal and the Main Street.
What to Expect at Tiburon Tavern
Tiburon Tavern offers a variety of cuisines for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
For breakfast, Tavern Favorites include:
- Steak & Eggs – This includes Rib Eye, Potatoes, Caramelized Onions, Toast, and Organic Eggs.
- All American – This includes Organic Eggs, Pork or Chicken Sausage, Smoked Bacon, and Toast.
- Tavern Eggs Benedict – This includes Natural Ham, Homemade Biscuit, and Lemon-Truffle.
- Frittata Italiana – This includes Black Truffle, Organic Eggs, Toast, Potatoes, Mushrooms, etc.
- Omelet – This includes Mushrooms, Potatoes, Toast, Spinach & Cheddar.
- Lobster Hash – This includes Poached Eggs, Lobster Hash, Brioche Toast, and Lemon Hollandaise.
- Buttermilk Pancakes – These are served with whipped cream and maple syrup.
Traditional Options for Breakfast include:
- Healthy Breakfast Parfait – This contains Organic Honey, Fresh Berries, and Low-fat Yogurt with Granola.
- Irish Oatmeal – Aside from Irish Oatmeal, it also includes Raisins, Dried Cranberries, and Light Brown Sugar.
- Variety of Cereal – Any assortment with the addition of banana, fresh berries, and organic yogurt.
For Lunch, Starters include:
- Chef’s Seasonal Soup, Bruschetta Grilled Baguette, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Chicken Skewers Satay, and Portobello Mushroom Fries
For Lunch, Tavern Fresh includes:
- Organic Field Greens Salad, Caesar Salad, Quinoa Salad, and Butter Lettuce Salad
For Lunch, Sides include:
- Organic Mixed Green & Salad, Avocado, French Fries, Chicken, Prawns, Salmon, and Applewood Bacon
For Lunch, Main Dish includes:
- Prime Beef Burger, Chicken Breast Sandwich, Clubhouse Sandwich, Homemade Fettuccine, Grilled Wild Salmon, Steak Tacos, Open Face Sandwich, Buttermilk Pancakes, Tavern Eggs, Omelet Portobello Mushroom, and Steak & Eggs
Starters for Dinner include:
- Portobello Mushroom Fries, Bruschetta Grilled Baguette, Ahi Tuna Tartare, Crispy Calamari. Chicken Skewers Satay, and Prawns wrapped in Katafi
Salads For Dinner include:
- Organic Field Greens Salad, Caesar Salad, and Quinoa Salad.
Sides For Dinner include:
- Organic Mixed Green & Salad, Marble Potatoes, Broccolini, Brussel Sprouts, Carrots, Swiss Chard, and French Fries.
Main Dishes for Dinner Includes:
- Tavern Fajitas with Grilled Bell Peppers, Grilled Rib Eye Steak, Pork Chop with Apple Compound Butter, Mushroom Risotto with Carnaroli Rice, Prime Beef Burger, Cioppino, Grilled Wild Salmon, Chilean Sea Bass Pan with Crispy Skin, and Grilled Cornish Game Hens.
Tiburon Tavern also offers its own Hometown Favorites including:
- Crispy Calamari, Chicken Wings, Chef’s Pinsa, House Made Tortilla Chips, Charcuterie Platter, Prime Beef Burger, and Truffled Fries.
Enjoy Happy Hour with White Wine, Red Wine, Well Cocktails, and Pinsa. Happy Hour is between 4 pm to 6 pm only.
Menu For Kids
Tiburon Tavern Menu for Kids includes:
- Macaroni and Cheese, Grilled Cheese with French Fries or Salad, Chicken Fingers with French Fries or Salad, Cheese Pinsa, Cheese Quesadilla with Fries, and Chocolate Chip Pancakes.
Options for Tavern Desserts include:
- Sweets & treats such as Flourless Chocolate Cake, Vanilla Bean Pannacotta, Pistachio Creme Brulee, Ice Cream Sundae, and Organic Gelato
Cinco De Mayo
Explore Cinco De Mayo at Tiburon Tavern with Mariachis starting from 6:30PM.
- Starters include Chicken Tortilla Soup, Mexican Salad, Nachos, Chips and Guacamole, and Shrimp Tostada.
- Main Dishes include Fajitas, Enchiladas de Pollo, Steak Tacos, Carnitas and Mojarras Frita.
- Potres includes Choco Flan.
If you want to enjoy fresh, fine dining in Tiburon, then you should visit Tiburon Tavern, owned by Renzo and Crystal Azzarello. They are also the owners of Luna Blu, which is located nearby. Sous Chef Selvin Vicente is the creator of the tasty dishes at Tiburon Tavern. If you want more information or you want to make a reservation, then you can call us at 415-435-5996 or send us an email at email@example.com.